Thank you for your interest in working with Aqua-Guard Management, Inc. We are excited that you have taken the first step towards employment with Aqua-Guard by visiting our internet site. Aqua-Guard Management manages only the finest community and country
club pools throughout the Chicagoland area. We provide extensive training and around the clock support to all of our staff members throughout the season.
Aqua-Guard is now hiring for the summer pool season!
Our company manages over 65 swimming pools in the Chicagoland area. Our clients are apartment complexes, town home, condominium and single-home community home owners associations. We have employment sites available throughout downtown Chicago as well as the Northern, Northwestern, and Western suburbs. We are certain there is a pool near you. For the summer pool season, we will be hiring Lifeguards, Pool Managers, and District Managers, Swim Lesson Instructors, and Water Aerobic Instructors. You must be 15 years of age or older and have certification in CPR, first aid, and lifeguarding. We accept certifications from the American Red Cross or StarGuard. For those not certified, we also offer training & certification programs through StarGuard.
The professionalism, maturity, and commitment level of each of our staff members is critical to our success. We are looking for responsible, dependable, hardworking individuals to fill these positions. A description of each position is provided below.
- Daily duties include checking pool passes, vacuuming the pool, checking Ph and chlorine levels, enforcing all pool rules, and ensuring that the facility is a clean and safe environment for the residents. In this job, you will meet a lot of great people and at the same time feel confident and secure in your main responsibilities as a lifeguard. You are there to save lives, and you should feel confident that, if needed, you know how to perform CPR, stop a bleeding cut, or help a heat stroke victim, for example.
- Once hired, you will be placed at the pool that is closest to your home. The pool manager works with you to ensure that you are comfortable with your responsibilities and also works with you to fill the schedule. We are flexible with how much you work and when you work; all we ask is that you communicate your availability to your pool manager. Many pools have one lifeguard on duty, therefore, your dependability is the key to Aqua-Guard’s succes.
- Each swimming pool facility has a pool manager. The pool manager trains the other employees on their responsibilities and ensures that all duties are being completed. The manager works as a lifeguard and completes the schedule, ensuring that the pool is staffed appropriately. The manager works no less than 30 hours a week. A manager needs to be flexible, reachable, responsible and reliable. Often, how well the pool runs depends on the organization and dependability of the pool manager.
- Daily duties as a lifeguard include checking pool passes, vacuuming the pool, checking Ph and chlorine levels, enforcing all pool rules, and ensuring that the facility is a clean and safe environment for the residents. As a manager, you would be in contact with the property manager as well as board members.
- The pools are divided into areas by district. Each district manager oversees 8-10 swimming pools, the pool managers and their lifeguards. You train the pool managers on the pump systems, pool rules, and daily duties. You ensure that the pool managers train their lifeguards thoroughly. You are responsible on visiting each pool 2-3 times per week. During the visit, you will perform a pool evaluation as well as a lifeguard evaluation. You ensure that the facility is up to health codes and looks exceptional. You ensure that the lifeguards are enforcing all the rules and look and act professional at all times. You work closely with the managers to ensure schedules are complete, residents are happy in addition to board members and property managers. A district manager works 40+ hours a week, needs to be very flexible, reachable, reliable, and organized. You need to have a reliable car and will be reimbursed for gas. We will supply you with a phone or reimbursement for your phone usage.
Swim Lesson Instructor
- Most of our swim lesson instructors work as lifeguards as well. Instructors teach group and provate lessons. Aqua-Guard provides guidance on instruction to students but instructors must be positive, creative, and have an energetic attitude when working with children. Often hours depends on demand of lessons in communities.
Water Aerobic Instructor
- This is a part time position, only 2-4 hours per week in the evening. Applicant must live in the Naperville area. Must have experience.
Swimming Pool Technician
- Must be very reliable, professional, organized, flexible and comfortable talking to customers.
- Must be a proactive problem solver and learner, good communicator, able to work with little supervision, and appreciate the importance of delivering superb customer service. Prior swimming pool experience is a plus.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Opening / closing swimming pools
- Repairing or replacing any component within a pool filtration system
- Programming and installing automated controls
- Diagnosing electrical failures or problems
- Painting pools, tiling, patching pool surfaces and caulking pool decks
- Customer interaction to educate clients on scope of required work
- Other Experience Desired:
- Experience working with pool pumps, filters, automation, heaters
- Electrical and/or HVAC experience a plus
- Ability to plumb systems
- If necessary, we will provide the necessary tools and training.
To apply for a position, please review our online application process.